Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 26 November 2021
Topic: Live To Please God
1. Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God;
2. for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
3. For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality;
4. that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
5. not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;
6. that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord [is] the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.
7. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.
8. Therefore he who rejects [this] does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.
9. But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another;
10. and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more;
11. that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,
12. that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and [that] you may lack nothing.
From today’s reading, Paul gives instructions on practical Christian living on how we ought to walk and to please God. He points out clearly, things we must do if our lives must please God:
Abstain from sexual immorality (vv. 3-5)
Walk in Holiness (v.7)
Walk in Harmony (vv.9-10)
Walk in Honesty (vv. 11-12)
In a world where many people labour and live to please themselves, families, friends, or their bosses, pleasing God should be our major motive in life. Just like our Lord Jesus Christ said, “I do always those things that please Him. ” Likewise, our greatest satisfaction should be to have the same testimony.
PRAYER: Heavenly father, help me to always please You daily as I live, in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.