MFM Daily Devotional 16 March 2023
TOPIC: The Power of Christ
Memory Verse: Ephesians 4:14
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.
Motivational Quote: One thing that is destructive to your salvation is to be content the way you are.
Prophetic Word For Today.
Any power stagnating your spiritual life shall die, in the name of Jesus.
Fire Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-11
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 12 – 14; 2 Timothy 3 – 4.
MFM Daily Devotional 16 March 2023 MESSAGE
The Scripture gives us a clear understanding on how and where a Christian derives the power to grow spiritually. It is the power of Christ in a believer. 2 Peters 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” Ephesians 2:20 also says, “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” The power that works in the believer is no other than the power of Christ. As we rely on His power and follow His teachings, we develop and grow more in the things of God.
Spiritual growth is not by power nor by might but by the Spirit of God. Apostle Peter shows us the process clearly in verses 5-8 of 2Peter 1, when he enumerated the ingredients of a fruitful Christian life that truly manifest the glorious power of God. These include: Faith, virtue, knowledge, self-control, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness and love, which are equally the components and manifestation of the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23).
Failure to possess and demonstrate a life that is so filled and equipped with God’s power, renders such persons as unqualified for God’s kingdom.
Beloved, if you follow the process of healthy spiritual growth as outlined above, you would grow and be firmly rooted in the word and work of God. Your foundation would be so solid that no evil wind of false doctrines can toss you up and down. At the end, you shall be a candidate of eternity in heaven, which is the ultimate goal of all believers in Christ (v. 11).
MFM Daily Devotional 16 March 2023 PRAYER POINTS
1. Every filthiness in my spirit, be erased by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
2. O Lord, have mercy on me and remove every problem in my life that lack of growth has caused, in the name of Jesus.
3. I cast away every garment of spiritual slumber out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. Anything that will hinder my spiritual growth, depart now and die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Anointing of spiritual poverty, die in my life, in the name of Jesus.
6. Any satanic ladder in my life, catch fire and bum to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
7. O God, arise and increase Your fire in my life, in the name of Jesus