MFM Daily Devotional 3 January 2024
TOPIC: A Faithful Worshipper
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Luke 2:36-40
36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
39 And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.
40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
“And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.”
2 Samuel 6:14
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: To gather with God’s people in united adoration of the Father is as necessary to the Christian life as prayer.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: Today, I usher you into the highly blessed and glorious life of a faithful worshipper, in the name of Jesus
PRAISE AND WORSHIP: Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 7, Genesis 8, Genesis 9, Matthew 7, Matthew 8, Matthew 9
MFM Daily Devotional 3 January 2024 MESSAGE
Dearly beloved, your greatest goal this year should be to become a faithful worshipper – one who worships the Lord genuinely from his or her heart and in conformity with the Scripture. The following are the hallmarks of a faithful worshipper: He or she
- worships the Lord in spirit and in truth – John 4:24
- has a sincere, honest, loyal and fully committed heart – Psalm 119:128
- has unshakable faith – Romans 5:9
- has a purified heart – 1 John 3:21, Romans 8:1
- is consecrated, that is, his or her body is set apart for God – 1 Corinthians 6:12.
Our Fire Scripture for today reveals so much about a faithful worshipper called Prophetess Anna. She was eighty-four years old and had been widowed after just seven years of marriage. The Bible affirms that she never left the temple but worshipped there day and night, serving God with fastings and prayers. She did not allow her old age and being plunged into early widowhood to hinder or deter her from worshipping God wholeheartedly and consistently.
Faithful worshippers of God do not look at natural circumstances. They worship Him at all times and in all circumstances. Prophetess Anna’s commitment to a life of true worship of Jehovah did not go in vain. She was given the miracle of open eyes and she saw that the child being presented in the temple was Christ.
David is another example of a faithful worshipper. When he heard the news of how God had blessed Obed-Edom’s household because the ark of the Lord’s presence was there, his initial fear was allayed and turned to jubilation. He decided to bring the ark to Jerusalem.
The parade from Obed-Edom’s house to the City of David was devoted to the adoration and worship of Jehovah. David stopped after six steps and offered worship with sacrifices and shouts of praise, music and dancing. This royal worship is worthy of our emulation. King David discarded his royal apparel and wore an ephod to enable him worship His highly faithful God unhindered. The Bible says that David danced with all his might (2 Samuel 6:14). He and all God’s people worshipped God on the road. Beloved, I encourage you to make it a habit to immerse yourself in the worship of your faithful God and Maker.
1. Father, make me a true and faithful worshipper, in the name of Jesus.
2. My Father, give me a pure, sincere, honest, loyal and fully committed heart to worship You to the end, in the name of Jesus.
3. I dedicate my life to worship and service of God, in the name of Jesus.
4. This year, nothing shall hinder or stop me from worshipping my God, in the name of Jesus.
5. Mountains and negative circumstances assigned to distract me from worshipping God with all my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, let worshipping You and bringing glory to You be my priority this year, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, make me an all-seasons faithful worshipper, in the name of Jesus.