Topic: Serve The Lord With All Your Strength
Read: Ecclesiastes 12:1-11 (NKJV)
1. Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, Before the difficult days come, And the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them”:
2. While the sun and the light, The moon and the stars, Are not darkened, And the clouds do not return after the rain;
3. In the day when the keepers of the house tremble, And the strong men bow down; When the grinders cease because they are few, And those that look through the windows grow dim;
4. When the doors are shut in the streets, And the sound of grinding is low; When one rises up at the sound of a bird, And all the daughters of music are brought low;
5. Also they are afraid of height, And of terrors in the way; When the almond tree blossoms, The grasshopper is a burden, And desire fails. For man goes to his eternal home, And the mourners go about the streets.
6. [Remember your Creator] before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well.
7. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.
8. “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher, “All [is] vanity.”
9. And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out [and] set in order many proverbs.
10. The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and [what was] written [was] upright — words of truth.
11. The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 17 November 2021 STUDY:
Credit is given to King Solomon for the inspired writings in the book, Ecclesiastes. Generally believed to be the wisest King of his time, Solomon was aged twenty when he succeeded his father, David. For thirty-nine years, Solomon reigned over Israel with strength, vigour and wisdom. His record of achievements was unprecedented serving God, and building Israel! Apart from his acquisition of many wives and concubines in his later years, all that Solomon dedicated his strength to was the purpose of God. All services of men under the heavens are meant to honour God Almighty. It is in this respect that Christians are constantly charged to serve God in humanity.
Today’s devotion is particularly dedicated to our team of dynamic and enviable youths who must strive, and also be encouraged to serve the LORD with their strength as admonished in Deuteronomy 6:5; 10:12; Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27. Young people are not afraid to travel or move around for the Gospel evangelism and missions. Whether in the air, road or water, youths can go the expected extra mile for Christ as their strength enables them. In this case, what the “Teacher describes in verses 5 & 7 of our main text neither affects, nor frightens them. Sadly, not many serve the LORD in their early years of strength. God demands that you put your strength to profitable use.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, please renew my strength like that of an eagle to enable me serve You better:
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 17 November 2021 Message. The Church of
Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.