Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional August 21, 2022
TOPIC: The Communion of The Believers
Read: Acts 2:41-47(NKJV)
41. Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added [to them.]
42. And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
44. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45. and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47. praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional August 21, 2022 STUDY
Today’s passage tells us about what early church was. Those who received the message of salvation were devoted to the teachings of the apostles and were together in communion with the breaking of bread and prayer. They were the people who stirred souls with godly fear and shared together in the ministry.
They came together to worship and praise God daily with sincere hearts and God increased their numbers with new brethren added each day. Today, the church needs to be alive with the traits of the early church. As leaders, we must properly care for the flocks of God by nurturing them with sound teaching focusing on constant fellowship, unceasing prayer, generous giving, spreading love, caring for one another within the fold as well as bringing others to God.
All these means are expected to be used in order to grow the church both numerically and spiritually.
PRAYER: Lord, please help me to fulfil your mandate for your church to the glory of Your name. Amen.