MFM Daily Devotional 13 October 2023
TOPIC: What Is There in Heaven?
And they sung a new song, saying. Thou art worthy to take the book, and open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: Heaven is our home.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
Jesus Christ is coming back to take you and me to heaven, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Revelation 5:1-14
5 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP: Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 25 – 26; Acts 12 – 13
MFM Daily Devotional 13 October 2023 MESSAGE
Heaven is not a place anyone should miss. Perhaps the reason some people are excited and carried away by the beauty and glory of the world is that they do not know what is in heaven, its unparalleled beauty, glory, perfection and its divine or eternal importance.
That is why, today, we shall be looking at what is in heaven and why you should be there and not miss it. Revelations 5:9 provides an excellent picture of what is in heaven: “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and open the seals thereof for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.”
In heaven, there is perfect service (Revelation 7:15), perfect praise (Revelation 5:9), perfect light (Revelation 21:23), perfect life (Revelation 22:2) and perfect purity (Revelation 22:14-15).
The Bible affirms that there are mansions in heaven and that Jesus has gone back there to prepare a place for us. What shall be our preoccupation in heaven? The Bible provides us with adequate answers:
(1) We shall sing and praise (Revelation 5:12-14)
(2) We shall worship (Revelation 5:12-14).
(3) We shall serve (Revelation 7:15; 22:3).
(4) We shall reign (Revelation 22:5).
(5) We shall enjoy good things (Revelation 22:2).
(6)We shall rest (Revelation 14:13).
(7) We shall receive our reward (Galatians 6:9; 1 Corinthians 3:8).
Beloved, I pray that eternity in heaven will be your reward after your sojourn on earth. It will be a great disaster and loss for anyone to miss heaven. Revelation 7:17 says, concerning those who make heaven, “For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
The Bible reveals other blessings in heaven that the saints of God will enjoy as follows:
(1) eternal fellowship with God (1 John 3:2).
(2) Participation in His glory (John 17:24).
(3) Enjoyment of eternal life (John 3:36)
(4) Freedom from all temptations and trials (Revelation 22:3)
(5) Beyond suffering (Revelation 7:17).
(6) Fellowship with our beloved ones (Matthew 8:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18).
(7) Perfection (Revelation 22:1-5).
Beloved, do not miss the beauty, glory and inestimable blessings that are in heaven!
MFM Daily Devotional 13 October 2023 PRAYER POINTS
1. Every sin in my life that has removed my name from the book of life, die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every evil foundational altar pulling me out from the presence of God, scatter by fire and thunder, in the name of Jesus.
3. O Lord, set my feet on the highway of holiness, in the name of Jesus.
4. Spirit of the last days fighting to capture my soul, leave me alone, die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Powers using my dream life to disqualify me from making heaven, be disgraced and die, in the name of Jesus.
6. O Lord, my God, crucify my flesh, in the name of Jesus.
7. By Your mercy, O God, make me fit for Your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.