MFM Daily Devotional 2 April 2023
TOPIC: Confront and Overcome Your Past (II)
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith……
Motivational Quote: On your own, you can do nothing. Only the power of God is able to deliver you from your past.
Prophetic word for today:
By the power in the blood of Jesus, be released from every evil entanglement and accusation of the past, in the name of Jesus.
Fire Scripture: Genesis 32:13-23
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 7-9; 1 John 3-4
MFM Daily Devotional 2 April 2023 MESSAGE
Yesterday, we learnt that Jacob was haunted by his past. He faced it and overcame it. How? In his usual manipulative acts and as the supplanter that he was, Jacob sent his servants with gifts to appease Esau. Imagine a twin brother who cheated on his other twin to the extent of robbing him of his birthright and fatherly blessing! Years later, he sought to buy him over again with mere gifts.
A good strategist! He set the servants and gifts in three tiers to impress his brother. After all, Esau easily gave in to fantasies and baits in the past. Unfortunately, it was not business as usual! It didn’t work this time! Esau needed to see Jacob and not his gifts. For the first time, Jacob was afraid! He needed more than his schemes. He needed the power of God to break through and move forward. Without resolving issues here, there could be no further progress. Maybe that is where you are now. There is an opportunity for you to make amends and progress. Without this positive move, it would be difficult to cross over, just as it happened to Jacob.
Beloved, what are those secrets of the past that must be unveiled? What are those areas of your life that you must conquer? Jacob could no more hide from the consequences of his nefarious acts. He had to confront his past. Esau was that past. What is your own Esau? Prepare to get it sorted out and done with, so that you can enjoy the peace of God in all that you do.
How do you do all of these? So simple. Do a retrospect. Think and look back into those things you did wrong. or situations that you were involved in the past; the people you brought hurt to deliberately, all your ungodly scheming like Jacob. Did you cause harm to anyone and run away? To all these and many more, you have a case to answer, sins to forgive, reconciliation and restoration to do.
These are the loads of the past that you need to do away with so that you can move forward and enjoy God’s awesome presence and promises in your life. Jacob confronted and conquered his past when he encountered God at Jabbok. Pray for such an encounter!
MFM Daily Devotional 2 April 2023 PRAYER POINTS
1. Pastsins seeking to rob me of my peace of mind, lose your grip, in the name of Jesus.
2. I cast away every human wisdom and receive godly wisdom to reconcile with my Esau, in the name of Jesus.
3. Wherever I have messed up, Jesus clean me up with Your blood and align me with Your will, in the name of Jesus.
4. Wherever I have hurt others in the past, O Lord, help me to make amends, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father Lord, give me a humble heart to do the needful, in the name of Jesus.
6. It is time to move forward. No negative issue of the past shall hinder me, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every hindrance to my next level, be removed by fire, in the name of Jesus.