MFM Daily Devotional 27 December 2023
TOPIC: The Rewards of Righteousness (VI)
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Psalm 12:1-8
12 Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
4 Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.
He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: It is not enough to be delivered from sin; you must also be delivered to righteousness.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: Today, you shall find righteousness, life and honour, in the name of Jesus.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP: Take praise and worship songs led by the Holy Spirit.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Zechariah 9 – 10; Revelation 13 – 14
MFM Daily Devotional 27 December 2023 MESSAGE
God delights in the prosperity of His children. In Psalm 112:1-3, the Bible highlights the blessedness and prosperity of the righteous. The book of Proverbs also confirms that prosperity is a major reward of righteousness.
It says that adversity pursues sinners, but the righteous will be rewarded with prosperity (Proverbs 13:21). Proverbs 21:21 adds that “whoever pursues righteousness and love will find life, prosperity and honour.” Similarly, Psalm 92:12 says that “the righteous shall flourish like the palm tree and grow as the cedar of Lebanon.”
Abraham flourished in his days. God blessed him in all things gold, silver, etc. He had so many servants and could raise an army of 318 men to fight and rescue Lot and his family in Genesis 14. Daniel and Joseph also prospered by righteousness.
They grew from grass to grace. Apart from individuals, any nation that follows righteousness will experience prosperity from the Lord. For instance, in the Old Testament, as long as Israel had a right standing with God, He provided adequately for all their needs, and defended and preserved them. They had sufficiency in all things. This will be the testimony of any righteous individual or nation today.
As a New Testament believer, you should do the following to maintain your right standing and upright walk with God:
- Move closer to God.
- Increase the knowledge of God’s word in your life; let it dwell richly in you and live by it daily.
- Grow stronger spiritually to deal with the temptations that cross your path day by day.
- Become more like Christin how you act and react.
- Make your faith in God’s promises stronger each day.
- Become more faithful to God’s house and work.
- Spend more time in God’s word and prayer.
- Share your faith with others more frequently.
The preceding will earn you the prosperity and flourishing God promised His faithful and upright children. I pray that you will flourish like the palm tree, in the name of Jesus.
I. Father, make me to prosper by righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
2. Henceforth, I shall flourish like the palm tree, in the name of Jesus.
3. The LORD who blessed Abraham in all things, arise and bless me mightily, in the name of Jesus.
4. El Shaddai, activate Your covenant of prosperity in my life today, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father, thank You for granting me sufficiency in all things, in the name of Jesus.
6. Power of God, move me to my next level, in the name of Jesus.
7. I shall receive new miracles and give new testimonies today, in the name of Jesus.