MFM Daily Devotional 27 November 2021
Topic: The Holy Spirit In Your Marriage
Eph. 5:22 – “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.”
A Christian marriage is a union between a man and a woman in holy wedlock with the approval of their families. Christian marriage forms the basis of a home where children are born and nurtured in the fear of the Lord. Marriage was instituted by God Himself (Gen. 2:18; Gen. 21:2-4).
The marriage institution is a joyful and good creation of God (Prov. 18:22). You will enjoy your marriage when the foundation is built on God. Many married couples leave the Holy Spirit out of their marriage and so, they are having issues.
Attending marriage seminars, workshops, and so on is very good but you still need the power of Holy Spirit to help you solve your marital problems. There are lots of challenges facing the home which you cannot battle successfully on your own. You need the Holy Spirit to help you build a cordial relationship with your partner (2 Cor. 13:14).
The Bible says that commitment is very essential to a successful marriage. You can only be committed to your spouse through the help of the Holy Spirit. Unfaithfulness is an enemy of marriage because it breaks the bond of trust, which is the foundation of all relationship.
You can deal with this enemy through the help of the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, it will be difﬁcult for a wife to submit to her husband and a husband to love his wife. The Holy Spirit will help a couple to raise godly children because He is the Best Teacher. The Holy Spirit is the Author of unity, and when there is unity in the home, the family will be able to ﬁght against forces that break homes. Make the Holy Spirit a partner in your home.
However, I advise that you repent if you or your partner has strayed away from the Lord. You also need to return to Him in complete obedience if you and your partner ever stopped following His manual and roadmap for a successful Christian marriage. The Bible says that if you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land.
Do you want the Holy Spirit to help and bless your marriage? Obey God’s word completely!
In marriages where the Holy Spirit reigns, peace also reigns.
The Holy Spirit shall pour honey into your marriage, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: The Voice That Breathed o’er Eden
1. The voice that breathed o’er Eden,
That earliest wedding day,
The primal marriage blessing,
It hath not passed away.
2. Still in the pure espousal
Of Christian man and maid
The Holy Three are with us,
The three fold grace is said,
3. For dower of blessed children,
For love and faith’s sweet sake,
For high mysterious union
Which nought on earth may break.
4. Be present, heavenly Father,
To give away this bride,
As Eve Thou gav’st to Adam
Out of his own pierced side.
5. Be present, gracious Saviour,
To join their loving hands,
As Thou didst bind two natures
In Thine eternal bands.
6. Be present, Holy Spirit,
To bless them as they kneel,
As Thou for Christ the Brideroom
The heavenly spouse dost seal.
1. Holy Spirit, incubate my marriage with Your love and power, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Holy Spirit, help me to love my spouse as God loves me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Power that is assigned to put my marriage asunder, die now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Holy Spirit, I give You free access into every area of my marital life now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Holy Spirit, add honey to my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. Power that wants to turn my marriage into a battlefield, die now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. My marriage will not lead me to hell, in the name of Jesus Christ.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
1 Corinthians 12- 14