Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional
Date: 29th May 2021
Topic: Love For God And Man (1)
Click To Read MFM Daily Devotional 28 May 2021 – Mentoring By Examples
TOPIC: LOVE FOR GOD AND MAN (1)
Fire Scripture: Mark 12:28 -33
MFM Outline: The greatest commandment of all is love. Love is the greatest identity of a believer (John 13:35).There are three kinds of love, the God kind of love (Agape),love between husband and wife(Eros) and Love between friend and acquaintances (Phileos). The kind of love being referred to here is Agape, which means putting others first. This kind of love emanates from a life of the Spirit (Galatian 5:22).
One of the scribes asked Jesus in Mark 12:28 a question. He said, “Master, which is the greatest commandment?” The Lord replied with two answers: “And thou shall love the Lord…, this is the first commandment and the second thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself.” There is none other commandment greater than these. Love is the greatest commandment upon which other commandments stand.
What does it means to love God with all your heart, and with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength? It means loving God with all that you have. This kind of love is more of doing than feeling. It requires that you demonstrate your love in some practical way. How do you demonstrate and manifest this kind of love?
Exodus 20:1-7 gives practical examples that were also corroborated in the New Testament. Your love for God will manifest in your loyalty or allegiance to God and your separation or dedication unto him (Roman 12:1) Beloved, God first loved you and me. He demonstrated His love to us while we are yet a sinner. God is love.
Mark 12:30 – “And thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.”
The love of God is the foundation of life.
Receive the grace to be rooted and grounded in the love of God, in the name of Jesus.
Hymn: Amazing Grace!
1. Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!
3. Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath bro’t me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
4. When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we first begun.
1. Father, give me strength to live by Your commandment of love, in the name of Jesus.
2. Teach me, Lord to love You above all else, in the name of Jesus.
3. Let love be the driving force for m y obedience to Your commands, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, teach me to love You with all that I have, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father, let my loyalty be to You only, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, let nothing come between You and me, Lord, in the name of Jesus.
7. My life will not bring disrespect to the name of God, in the name of Jesus.
Bible In One Year: Song of Solomon 1- 8
Thanks for reading Today’s MFM Daily Devotional 28 May 2021 – Mentoring By Examples written by Dr. D.K Olukoya the (general Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)