MFM Daily Devotional 29 September 2023
TOPIC: Finding Rest for Your Soul (I)
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: Rest is God’s weapon to us which the enemy hates. Hence He seeks to get you occupied and stressed up.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
You shall experience peace like a river, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 11:28-30
PRAISE AND WORSHIP: Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 63 – 63; John 5 – 6
MFM Daily Devotional 29 September 2023 MESSAGE
In this context, rest is not just a physical experience but mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of an individual. In a word, it is all about one’s total well-being. It involves the whole body, soul and spirit being preserved blameless according to scriptures, (1Thessalonians 5:23). As humans, we cannot avoid being worried, fearful or anxious. But the word of God is the perfect antidote for all of these troubled moments in a person’s life. To enjoy good health, we are usually counseled to take adequate rest and avoid stress as much as possible. Unfortunately, a person can be resting but not resting. The result is that the person is guilty of stress, not having adequate rest, though physically in bed.
This is a clear indication that full and enjoyable rest cannot be done outside Christ. Someone advised, “Hand over your problems to God and go to sleep.” The Bible talks about “peace not as the world gives, meaning that the peace that the world gives can be fake, short-term, and ephemeral. But when compared with the peace of God, it is undoubtedly a counterfeit kind of peace. Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace; He not only gives peace but is an embodiment of peace, joy and love.
How then can He be Lord over your life without a definite manifestation of His glorious presence? No wonder that the Bible counsels us not to worry, rather we should cast our cares upon Him, because He cares for us (1 Pet. 5:7). What a privilege, what a blessing! Today’s memory verse tells us clearly that when you keep your mind on God, trusting Him absolutely for your needs and concerns, He will definitely keep you in perfect peace. Are you troubled beloved? Take it all to Jesus. His invitation is long term, until He returns.
He wants all that labour without results to come. to Him. When you do, you will find rest for your soul. Today, go to the throne of grace and ask for mercy at the time of need. Confess your sins of seeking rest in wrong places, trying to help yourself. Repent of all known sins, especially where you exalt your condition above God. He will forgive and give you rest like never before.
MFM Daily Devotional 29 September 2023 Prayer Points
1. Father Lord, forgive me for every worry, tear and anxiety that I have entertained instead of looking unto You, in the name of Jesus.
2. You the spirit of fear contending with my faith in the Lord, I uproot and cast you out, in the name of Jesus.
3. Lord Jesus, by Your mercy, give me rest from all my struggles, in the name of Jesus.
4. I swallow a daily divine capsule of “Fear Not” and I drink the Blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
5. Spirit of unrest, hard labour and unprofitable struggles, come out of my life and die, in the name of Jesus.
6. I receive the peace of God that the world, satan and self cannot tamper with, in the name of Jesus.
7. Lord Jesus, Prince of Peace, my life is available, enter now and take control, in the name of Jesus.