MFM Daily Devotional for 20 January 2022
Topic: Prayer of Agreement
MEMORY VERSE: Eccl 4:9 “Two are better than one because they have good reward for their labour.”
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: There is always a time in our life that we need the strength of others to survive.
PROPHETIC WORD OR TODAY: As you continue to uphold each other’s hands in the place of prayer, God shall answer you, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 18:18-20
MFM Daily Devotional for 20 January 2022 MESSAGE
The words of Jesus in Matthew 18:19 underscores the importance of prayer of
agreement. ”Again, I say unto you, that it two of you shall agree on Earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.”
Prayer of agreement is when two or more people who are in perfect agreement with one
another approach the throne of God placing same demand before Him in the place of
prayer. What God is telling us in this verse is that there is extreme power in united prayer. This is not to say that one-on-one, individual prayer to God is not powerful and effective.
The truth here is that God does not want us to forsake the gathering of the saints (Heb.
10:25); we are made to know through His word that iron sharpens iron (Proverb 27:17).
Woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up, Ecclesiastes 4:10. You cannot be a lone ranger in life and succeed. You need people just as people need you. Do not go about with the mindset that you do not need the help of your brethren or other believers. A time will come in your life when you will need the strength of other believers to survive or break forth. In Mark 15:21, Simon a Cyrenian was compelled to bear the cross of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Jesus needed that support at that time. To pray together is to share the burden of our fellow believer. It is a huge encouragement when we do not have to carry a spiritual burden alone. Prayer of agreement increases the faith of the group to believe God for the miraculous. helps us to build each other up and strengthens us. It enables us to share our burdens, making them become lighter and removes every iota of doubt and wavering.
As we carry each other’s burdens, it gladdens God’s heart because it shows that we are
one in Christ Jesus. Beloved, covet every opportunity to do a prayer of agreement. It
carries spiritual blessings.
MFM Daily Devotional for 20 January 2022 Prayer Points
1. My Father give me the heart of love and let selfishness die in me, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father Lord, help me to be a blessing to my fellow brethren, in the name of Jesus.
3. Lord Jesus, make me a builder, an encourager and not one who saps strength from fellow believers, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, help me to appreciate the brethren you have brought my way to lift up one another, in the name of Jesus
5. O Lord, help me not to be counted among those who cause strife among brethren, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father Lord, open my eyes to see the areas I need to agree in prayers with my fellow believer and get speedy answer, in the name of Jesus.
7. You demon of hatred and disunity planted in the body of Christ to tear it down, I bind and cast you out, in the name of Jesus Christ.