MFM Daily Devotional June 27, 2022
TOPIC: Faithful Helpers (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 18:16-46, 1 Kings 19, Acts 17:22-34, Acts 18:1-8, Psalm 78:17-31
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Romans 16:1-4 (KJV)
16 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
MEMORY VERSE: “Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus.” – Romans 16:3
When you are faithful in small things, bigger things will be committed to you.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP:
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
I PROPHESY THAT GOD WILL BE INSTANT IN BLESSING YOU, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
MFM Daily Devotional June 27, 2022 MESSAGE
Faithful helpers will wait with you and not sleep at the peak of the fight of destiny like those who went with our Lord Jesus Christ to the Garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36-40). They were people that can be trusted and who will go along with you even when the going gets tough. When others are falling by the wayside, faithful helpers will stand until victory is guaranteed. They are not applause and praise seekers for what they have done or are doing. Also, they are not people who are slothful in the Lord’s business but fervent men and women rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulations, trials and persecution and people who are strong in the spirit (Romans 12:11-12).
Faithful helpers are those that cannot be discouraged by any negative thing they see, hear or experience. They are rather inspired by what the Spirit of God says. Helpers that will stand for the truth and can defend it in spite of opposition are the ones the Church needs. One of such was Caleb. The Bible says, “And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it” (Numbers 13:30).
Paul mentioned people like Tychicus, a faithful helper (Colossians 4:7); Onesimus, faithful and beloved brother (Colossians 4:9) and also profitable son (Philemon verse 11); Epaphras, a servant of Christ (Colossians 4:12); Titus, a son and co-labourer (Titus 1:4) as faithful helpers who supported his ministry. May God send faithful helpers to you today, in Jesus’ name.
What are the qualifications needed to be a faithful helper?
- You must recognise what God has called you to do.
- You must believe in the person you are helping and be willing to support.
- You must possess a perfect heart.
- You must be with consistent intention to help.
- You must be committed to the help course.
- You must have the desire to satisfy God’s will and must never be self-willed.
- You must be prayerful.
- You must be word-addicted.
- You must exhibit long-suffering.
- You must be highly disciplined and selfless.
Beloved are you a faithful helper? May the Lord release the grace of faithfulness upon your life, in the name of Jesus.
MFM DAILY PRAYER POINTS
- Father, pour upon me the anointing of faithfulness, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, grant me supernatural speed to achieve all my targets today, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, order my steps by the help of Your Holy Spirit today, in the name of Jesus.
- Shield me, O Lord, from the arrows that waste people’s potential, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that no weapon fashioned against me this day shall prosper, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that I shall be favoured by all who set their eyes on me today, in the name of Jesus.
- The hand of God is upon my life; therefore, I declare that I shall succeed, in the name of Jesus.