Scripture Union Daily Guide 21 November 2021
Topic: The Power of Unity!
Opening Prayer: Grant me grace dear Lord to apply what you will teach me today as I read this passage.
Scripture: Nehemiah 3:1-32
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Outline: Read what God says about the power of unity in Genesis 11:6. We see this at work in this chapter. Everybody appears completely inspired. Notice the important role the leaders, spiritual and temporal, played in the execution of the project. When the high priest decides to put away his robe, pick the trowel, carry stones and build (v.1), why wont the priests (vs.1,22, 25), the Levites (v.17) and the temple servants (v.26) follow suit? The rulers of different districts played similar roles in their areas. Even ladies were not left behind (v.12) nor those who were once strangers (v.7 cf. Joshua 9). All hands were on deck.
A Yoruba adage says, when the right hand washes the left and vice-versa, both hands will be clean. When we unite to pursue a vision, we shall surely achieve it hence the Lord’s prayer for all His disciples then and now (John 17:20-23). The record is not limited to the VIPs only but the efforts of all, whether rich or poor, male or female, were appreciated.
Some people missed the blessing of fellowship and the joy of accomplishment because they considered themselves too important to get involved (v.5). Do we have such people in our churches and Christian fellowships?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Enable me, dear Lord, to value and fulfil the role you assign to me in the noble task of building your kingdom.
• Pray for the conversion of unbelieving members of your family and extended family. Pray that God will send them witnesses they can believe.
Offer a Prayer of Faith in Line with Matthew 24:46; 2 Chron. 4-6; Luke 5:17-39
Thank you for reading Scripture Union Daily Guide 21 November 2021 – The Power of Unity!