Topic: Glorious Tyre sinks
Opening Prayer: As I read through this passage dear Lord, let your word bring transformation to my life.
Scripture: Ezekiel 27:18-36
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
We have seen the glory of Tyre. Now we witness its fall and note how great the fall is! The most powerful and glorious nations and states, sooner or later, will incur the wrath and judgment of God if they are found guilty of arrogance and injustice. It is God who causes a nation to prosper but due to ingratitude and haughty behaviour, it will ultimately decline. Read Psalm 75:7. Observe how the destruction of Tyre is sudden and total. All her wealth and power came to nothing. All other nations witness its ruin and shudder with horror and fear (vs.34-36).
May we be reminded that those who place their confidence and rest their hope in their riches will fall with them! “He who trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like the green leaf” (Proverbs 11:28). Happy therefore are those who have the Almighty God for their help, and whose hope is in Jesus, who alone is the Rock of our salvation.
• What next? Tyre sank because it was too overloaded with arrogance and pride. With what is our ship loaded? Meditate on Matthew 6:21.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• All to you, Jesus, I surrender and freely give my life, my way and aspirations.
• Thank God for Jesus who by His death on the cross, took away our curse and granted us access into the blessings of Abraham.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 24:4-5;1 Sam. 30-31; 1 Tim. 4
Scripture Union Daily Guide 24th October 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.