Topic: Egypt’s Descent To The Grave
Opening Prayer: As I read your word O Lord, grant me an insight and grace to do your will in Jesus name.
Scripture: Ezekiel 32:17-32
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
This is the last of the seven prophecies against Egypt. Observe how these verses now speak of the execution of God’s judgment, disclosing the invisible world. God is bringing down the proud and powerful nation in which Israel trusted and that will never rise again as a dominant nation. Pay attention: Again, we see the dreadful fate of the proud.
These who once were subject of great pomp will go down in great disgrace (cf. Proverbs 11:2) What is your state of life before God? Notice that all the kings and nations were rewarded with the destruction and death they inflicted on others. Just as the kings of the various foreign nations faced destruction and death (vs.22-30), all of mankind will face death and subsequently judgment (see Romans 6:23 and Hebrews 9:27). Death is a leveller!
Thus, in the grave, there are neither circumcised nor uncircumcised (v.21). All are alike. The only way out is to trust in Jesus Christ. Only those who trust and are in Him have the hope of spending eternity with God, for they are protected from God’s wrath and condemnation (see Romans 8:1).
• So: Take positive steps today to amend your ways and be a voice for God in your family and nation.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Guide us, Lord, to walk in love, justice and obedience as we look forward to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
• Pray that the lesson of the cross which is sacrificial giving of self, will help you to offer sacrificial service.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Deuteronomy 28:6; 2 Sam. 16-18; 1 John 5
Scripture Union Daily Guide 31st October 2021. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.
Please share and repost