Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 18 November 2021
TOPIC: HOW MAJESTIC IS YOUR NAME, O LORD!
OPENING PRAYER: Oh Lord, grant me spiritual insight into the truth of your word as I study it.
SCRIPTURE: Psalm 8:1-9
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
Imagine you are David, the shepherd boy, staying alone in the field with the sheep. He saw the moon, the stars and other creations of God around him. They made him wonder about the God who has created all these and flung them delicately into space. How often do we just consider the things around us and do these lead us to appreciate God the more? Spend some time to observe and meditate on the things around you. If necessary, move out of your room or just look out of the window and consider the works of God’s hands.
Meditate on the One who made all these things and made them to serve man. Go through the Psalm again and mark those things David said about God. For example, God’s name (v.1), His glory (v.1), His enemies (v.2), etc. Then consider the place of man in the universe created by God. You may want to read through Genesis 1 to help you see the plan of God for man and the role He assigned him.
• Action: Recite and/or sing the opening statement many times and spend time to praise God for whom He is.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray against the spiritual strongholds militating against peace and unity in Nigeria
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• 1 Chron. 22-24; Luke 3
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 18 November 2021 – How Majestic Is Your Name, O Lord!