Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 24 November 2021
Topic: You Shall Not Be Moved
1. Therefore, when we could no longer endure it, we thought it good to be left in Athens alone,
2. and sent Timothy, our brother and minister of God, and our fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you and encourage you concerning your faith,
3. that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this.
4. For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.
5. For this reason, when I could no longer endure it, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter had tempted you, and our labor might be in vain.
Affliction, distress, suffering, persecution and pain sometimes characterise the life of a believer in Christ. In the passage we read Paul admonished the Thessalonian church not to be moved, moved, discouraged or demoralised by whatever affliction they were going through (1 Thess. 3:3)
Though it is possible for sin to attract troubles to someone, yet it is erroneous to assume that all cases of trouble and pain are as a result of one’s sin. The early Christians suffered great persecution from the unbelieving world because they maintained their faith in Christ. The 3 Hebrew children refused to compromise their faith and were thrown into the fiery fire (Dan. 3:16-28). Glory be to God who did not allow them to be consumed and they came out of the fire!
Child of God, are you passing through the pain of bereavement, hardship, loss of job, false accusation. Disappointment, sickness, loneliness or the like? These are there to test your faith; you will come out of it victoriously! Stand strong. trust in the Lord, cast those cares and burdens upon Him for He cares for you (1 Pet. 5:7), You can be rest assured that no affliction or challenge shall separate you from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. God will sustain you and you shall not be moved (Rom. 8:38-39, Ps. 55:22; Ps. 125:1). So encourage yourself in the Lord.
PRAYER: Lord. I am convinced that nothing shall separate me from Your love which is in Christ Jesus, help me to trust and depend on You as I go through life experiences in. Jesus ‘Name. Amen.