Scripture Union Daily Guide 29 December 2021
Topic: – Does God See It?
OPENING PRAYER: Grant me depth of insight, revelation and knowledge as I meditate on this passage, O Lord.
SCRIPTURE: Psalm 10:1-18
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 29 December 2021 MESSAGE
Many of us are having experiences like that of the Psalmist. It seems that God overlooks wickedness or does not care about what is happening in the society. Why do you think the Psalmist asked God the two questions in v.1? Reflect on the attitude of the wicked towards God (vs.3-4, 11) and other people (vs.2, 5–10). Are some of us also asking the same questions the Psalmist asks in v.13 and quietly praying for God to take the actions in vs.12 and 15? See the answers the Psalmist gives and what he acknowledges about God in vs.14 and 16.
Notice why God defends the fatherless and the oppressed (v.18). God intends that through trials, our character should be enriched to become more like Christ (see Romans 5:3–5; James 1:2–4). As we count on His faithfulness and sovereignty, God overrules the wickedness of the wicked and delivers the weak, the needy and the oppressed from their clutches (see Isaiah 49:24–26).
• Thought: When evil seems to be winning, trust in God’s faithfulness.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Help me, Lord, to continue to trust in you to intervene in my situation even when I cannot understand why you appear distant from me.
• Pray that the political leaders will act and conduct themselves in a manner that promotes peace and unity of their country.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Zech. 9-12; Luke 23:26-56