Topic: Preach the word!
Open Prayer: Dear God, help me to understand the exceeding greatness of your power as I read through this passage.
Scripture: Acts 13:13-25
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Scripture Union Daily Guide Devotioanl 13 October 2021 Message
The duo continued their missionary journey to Perga where John Mark deserted the team at this early and crucial stage (v.13). Apparently, Paul was not happy with his decision (Acts 15:37-38). It is encouraging however to know that John Mark did not leave the faith.
In fact, God used him to write the Gospel of Mark and he became a useful partner of Paul later (2 Timothy 4:11). We must never write off anyone. Paul’s custom was to first visit the local synagogue (13:5; 17:1-3). At Antioch of Pisidia, Paul accepted an invitation to speak (vs.14-16).
He reviewed God’s dealings with Israel (vs.17-22) and proclaimed Jesus as the promised Messiah (vs.23-25). People are hungry for the word of God. Unfortunately, Satan’s greatest schemes are to convince us that no one wants to hear the gospel and that if we try and share it with them, we will only annoy or agitate them. Notice however the impact of Paul’s message in v.44.
The truth is that God has placed us in a mission field where we live, work and play. There are people in our life who want to hear the gospel and God wants us to share it with them.
• And so: List three people around you who need to hear the gospel?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray for them now and make plans to share it with them.
• Praise God for who He is – the King of kings, Almighty, Holy and Righteous, all Powerful, Unchangeable, Kind and Merciful beyond measure, beautiful for every situation.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with 2 Timothy 1:7 ; 1 Sam. 1-3; Eph. 3
Scripture Union Daily Guide Devotional 13 October 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.