The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 21st May 2021 Is
“SCAMMING WITH GOD’S NAME“
23. Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
24. Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
25. I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
26. How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
27. Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
28. The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.
29. Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
30. Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.
31. Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.
32. Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them; therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.
Scammers and fraudsters employ different methods in their business. One of the very common ways is by impersonating the personality of a public figure. This is why it is important to be very sure of whoever one is dealing with.
It is sad to know that scamming is not only associated with the world and in business places, but also in the house of God. God, through Prophet Jeremiah, condemns the activities of deceivers who go about in the name of God. God declares clearly and strongly that He does not know these crafty schemers as He has not sent them. They proclaim dreams and prophecies falsely in God’s name. Their main objective is to deceive and defraud their victims. God declares that they do not in any way profit the people.
Today, scamming and other forms of fraud have risen to a very alarming dimension. Unfortunately, the Church has not been left out. So many prophets have risen up giving out false prophecies in the name of God. They take advantage of the desperate condition of our time and the gullible nature of most people to deceive and swindle them. They do not have any interest in the good of the people or the glory of God.
As God condemned the false prophets in Jeremiah’s day, He is equally against today’s prophets and preachers who are scamming people in His name. The Christian therefore must beware of these scammers and take responsibility for his personal safety and security. Jumping from one prayer house to the other gets you exposed to deception. This is why a regular personal study of the Bible and consistent presence in the Bible Study sessions become necessary to help us unmask false prophets all around.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The word of God shields from religious scammers.
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.
Share This Devotional With Others