MFM Daily Devotional 4 October 2023
TOPIC: Resting In The Lord
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospered in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: Give it to God and go to sleep.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
Today, the power of God will move you from your challenge to God’s rest, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 11:28-30
PRAISE AND WORSHIP: Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 7 – 8; John 15 – 16
MFM Daily Devotional 4 October 2023 MESSAGE
The Bible instructs believers to rest in the Lord (Psalm 37:7). This does not imply rest from your daily work or taking a break from activity. Rather, it refers to spiritual rest from confusion, worry, stress, useless human effort, and a break from all internal and external, mortal, and spiritual enemies.
The Hebrew word translated as “rest” means “to be at peace,” “to be still,” “to be quiet or calm.” To rest and be at peace, you must dwell in the presence of the Lord and surrender to His lordship.
When we rest in the Lord, we show that we trust in His sovereignty and His ability to do all things, including those things we cannot do ourselves. This is our antidote to worry, anxiety, fear, murmuring and other negative tendencies. What should you do to rest in the Lord?
(1) Take time to sit at the feet of Jesus. In Luke 10:38-42, the Bible says that Mary sat at the feet of Jesus and heard His word but Martha was encumbered with serving. The word of God affirms that Mary has chosen the good part. If you spend quality time on studying the word of God and living it, you will find rest and fulfilment.
(2) Cast your burdens and worries on God (Psalm 55:22: 1 Peter 5:7). God still cares and will sustain all those who cast their burden on Him. Jesus said, “Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest’ (Matthew 11:28).
(3) Quietly meditate on God’s power. In Job 37:14, the Bible says, *Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.” Similary, Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still and know that I am God.”
(4) Be humble before God. The Bible affirms that the high and lofty one that inhabits eternity dwells with those who have contrite and humble spirit (Isaiah 57:15). When King Solomon prayed to God in 1 Kings 3:7, he said, “I am but a little child.” Those who are meek and humble have surrendered all to Him and will enjoy His peace and rest.
Beloved, do not strive in your own strength. Find rest in God.
MFM Daily Devotional 4 October 2023 PRAYER POINTS
1. I lay my life on the altar of the Lord, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every evil load of the wicked slowing down my destiny, catch fire and burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
3. Troubles of life pushing me out of the presence of God, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. I move forward by fire; in the name of Jesus.
5. Prince of peace, envelop my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
6. Idols of my father’s house blocking my open heavens, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Jesus is on the boat of my destiny; I shall not sink, in the name of Jesus.